Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment for Osteomyelitis Cases in Ventura County
Bone infections, otherwise known as osteomyelitis, can be healed by stimulating the osteoclasts and osteoblasts, which leads to the reabsorption of dead bone and creation of new tissue in turn. Hyperbaric Centers of California provides treatments to stimulate the entire process. We provide hyperbaric oxygen treatment for osteomyelitis cases in Ventura County.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, or HBOT, is the application of 100% pure oxygen in a pressurized environment. By allowing your body’s cells to be saturated in pressurized oxygen, HBOT encourages your body’s ability to heal and recover from several conditions – including osteomyelitis. Benefits of HBOT for bone infections include:
- Increasing oxygen tension in infected tissue, which encourages healing.
- Providing adequate oxygen for fibroblast cells that make connective tissue, further promoting healing
- Keeping osteoclasts, the cells that remove dead bone, saturated with the oxygen they need to function
- Stopping bacterial growth
- Improving the effects of the effects of aminoglycosides, vancomycin, and other antibiotics
- Preventing leukocytes from adhering to damaged blood vessel linings and so increasing post-surgical inflammation
We Are Treating Bone Infections with HBOT: Call Now to Learn More
In addition to its own benefits, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is an excellent complementary procedure for post-surgical care. Hyperbaric Centers of California will work with your personal health plan when treating bone infections with HBOT. Helping your recover from osteomyelitis through hyperbaric oxygen treatments can further improve your ability to recover from surgical and radiation treatments.
If you are struggling to overcome osteomyelitis, hyperbaric oxygen therapy can support your healing. Hyperbaric Centers of California is ready to provide this treatment to you. Call us now for a consultation.