HBOT brain injury & stroke treatment in Ventura County
At the Hyperbaric Centers of California we provide clients in Santa Barbara County and Ventura Barbara County with the best hyperbaric oxygen therapy possible. This kind of therapy involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized room or tube. This is a trusted treatment for a variety of health issues and concerns, like brain injuries and strokes. Traumatic brain injury occurs by forces which disrupt the brain tissue. When cells in the brain die, from trauma or simple lack of oxygen, blood plasma leaks out and surrounds the brain tissue. This causes swelling and reduces blood flow even further. Now, these cells become dormant since they are unable to function properly without the necessary amount of oxygen.
These cells within the damaged area are commonly known as “idling neurons" neither dead nor fully functioning. HBOT is used to jump start them. With HBOT, oxygen is increased dramatically and carried in the blood plasma. This creates the ability to heal the damaged capillary walls, while preventing more plasma to leak. Once swelling decreases, blood flow is restored allowing for proper cell function.
HBOT helps with:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Car accidents
- Closed head injuries and open head
- Post concussive injuries
- Neurological deficits
- Cluster headaches
- Revive dormant cells
Benefits of HBOT:
- Immediately provides oxygen to areas with compromised blood flow.
- Increases plasma oxygen concentration 10 – 15 times.
- Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Assists in the growth of new blood vessels.
- Enhances formation of collagen and new tissue growth.
- HBOT reawakens the dormant neurons that are alive but not functioning in and around the injured tissue of the brain.
- Enhances white blood cells’ ability to destroy bacteria and fungi.
- Creates an unfavorable environment for anaerobic bacterium to live.
- Blocks the effects of and reduces damage from toxic gases including carbon monoxide.
- Facilitates cellular detoxification